DEMILICH "Nespithe" LP Ltd Blue Vinyl
DEMILICH "Nespithe" LP
150gram Blue vinyl ltd to 400
This authorized vinyl reissue of the ultimate Finnish death metal cult LP reissued with the restored original cover art and all the lyrics.
Demilich hold true to the melodic tradition of Finnish metal by merging the heavy metal tradition of rich tonal space liberated by abstract conceptions of harmony with death metal, layering their ideas into songs where complexity silhouettes but does not illustrate an overall thematic space via postmodernist metastructuralism. Somehow I think Frank Zappa, young and into extreme metal, would have come up with something like this.
There are brutal parts, of blasting and rhythmic intensity, while most of the rest runs through wild cyclical riffs and transitions into a confusing maze of tones that reassemble as an understanding in the head of the listener after the influence of time reducing musical input is removed. It is all guided by the unreal guttural croaking of Antti Bowman, a visceral bloodthrust which keeps a counterpace to the liquid modulation of the music.
Active, highly inventive riffs dance around tonal centers and then invert all meaning as they approach an understanding they have defined. Each song shifts and deconstructs in a twisted way only to reveal its gradual plan for self-reformation, with each cycle of thematic peak resulting in a new apex of motif. One might call it "virus study music," as what it traces is evolution of a song from basic principles unique to that song, in an information age version of progressive music.
So, here’s the thing you’re going to notice about this music: it is seriously, seriously demented. Like, it’s a mystery to me that the elements of this band came from somebody’s mind and then several other people agreed that it was a thing that they should do. They are Finnish people, and it is cold and dark and boring there, but still. You’re probably wondering what makes this weirder than the average weirdness that we cover. It’s not weird in the sense of the stuff that Scott Seward writes about, but as far as death metal goes, these fearsome Finns push things to the breaking point.
A lot (but not all) of the insanity comes from Antti Boman’s throat. These are maybe the most indecipherable, guttural vocals you can find outside of putting a pit bull in front of the microphone. The rest of the insanity comes from the rest of the band, this is super-technical, heavy death metal, filled with stops and starts and sudden changes that recall Atheist and Autopsy at their twistiest.
1. When The Sun Drank The Weight of Water
2. The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son Of Fourteen Four Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed) Heavy metal, death metal, speed metal, doom metal, grindcore or thrash mp3 sample
3. Inherited Rowel Levitation - Reduced Without Any Effort
4. The Echo (Replacement)
5. The Putrefying Road in The Nineteenth Extremity (...Somewhere Inside The Bowels of Endlessness...)
6. (Within) The Chamber of Whispering Eyes Heavy metal, death metal, speed metal, doom metal, grindcore or thrash mp3 sample
7. And You'll Remain... (In Pieces of Nothingness) Heavy metal, death metal, speed metal, doom metal, grindcore or thrash mp3 sample
9. The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh In Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated To The Flesh That It Desired...)
10. The Cry
11. Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep